June 30, 2006

Summer Break: 2006

We are finally back from all our travels during June and July. If you checked out the website mentioned below, you have already seen and heard about our Mission Trip to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. I won't bother writing more or posting pictures to this site also--it takes way too long. We did have an incredible, life changing trip, though, and I encourage you to check it out!
(www.splashministries.blogspot.com)

Matt and I also went to our first Wood Family Reunion together (my mom's side). I have been many times before, but not since I met Matt (being an "adult"), and he has never gotten to meet many of my extended family. Carrie and Brad were also both able to come, and we all had a great time seeing everyone and reminiscing... playing lots of games, frisbee golf, a picnic at the farm, even a bit of fishing. Typical Wood family fun.

This is the farm house in Kansas where my mom grew up and where we (kids) remember going for Christmas to visit family and grandma and grandpa. (Isn't it HUGE?!? It's three full floors, plus an attic and a full basement--I don't know what that makes it, technically.) I love this place though. It is even bigger and more beautiful than I remembered. The last picture is most of the crew that were able to come to the reunion--not everyone made it out to the farm that day, but most of us. We may not get to go to many more reunions, but it so good to get to see everyone again.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

On our Hays fam picture, did we all agree to close our eyes on three? Dad's the only one you can't tell for sure cause of his glasses!