December 14, 2008

The Race is On

A late night post, but still a Sunday one...
So I didn't get to post during the weekly Daddy/son Sunday nap time, because the Daddy half of that duo was at the teen's flag football game (rescheduled from Thanksgiving due to rain) and the Mommy replacement was also exhausted and gladly took the Daddy's place in the naptime.

Four weeks down, and only one week left of our time here in FL. It is rapidly coming to a close. We enjoyed the week of vacation with my family during Thanksgiving, and then I have spent 3 organized weeks packing the house and systematically looking for housing online. There were days where I got a lot done and days where I allowed the overwhelming task to paralyze me momentarily, but for the most part, we're in good shape house-wise. This last week was a hard one, as all 3 of us experienced the dreaded flu in varying degrees. But the good news is by week's end, we are all feeling healthy again and I was actually able to attend church this morning! Yippee!
Thurs. was a great catchup day and Matt helped me tackle the more dificult and daunting parts of the house: the laundry room and the attic. Now the biggest obstacle to conquer is our closet! We were also able to throw a yard sale together yesterday and make just enough money to make it worth our time.
This next week will most likely be characterized by a flurry of dumping the remaining unpacked clothes and toys into boxes and scrubbing my walls, floors, windows, ceiling fans, and refrigerator. We have one and sometimes two dinners/parties to be at each night, and so-far, at least 3 lunch dates on the schedule. One dinner party got cancelled, but then another one very quickly filled its place. And due to other's schedules, we somehow managed to fill up our one remaining evening time slot. So strange and almost comical all we have to do this week. Here's just a few things on my mind, BESIDES the finishing of the house packing and cleaning:
1) Take family picture, have photo cards made, and address envelopes for family friends.
2) Cards for church people
3) Order new checks for our current account, since it appears the last 5 I have left won't cut it afterall
4) Find a new bank and see how to transfer money
5) Finalize our housing situation and pay our deposits/begin electric company
6) Change of address w/ PO and aaaaall our accounts
7) Put cancel date on all utilities and cable, internet, phone, etc.
8) FIND A HOME FOR MY CAT
9) Christmas shop for entire Hawkins fam, church fam, Matt, and a few Hays---put in mail
10) Oh yeah, turn in an itsy bitsy application for another NEW HEALTH INSURANCE plan. Ugggg...
So I could go on with more church business, future planning and holiday needs, but that's what makes the top ten apparently.

I am so very thankful that we are all feeling healthy again and hope that this will be the most productive, exhilarating week of my life. My heartbeat/blood pressure is raising just thinking about this race -against-the-clock that is before me. I think it is probably God's design and plan that I will be sooooo busy because if I wasn't, this move could possibly be so very sad for me. Saying goodbyes are very hard for me...for us all, I'm sure. But this will be a big one for us. The lump in my throat is already forming, so I've said enough. On to my bed for a good night's rest: I have a feeling I'm gonna need it.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love you so much! I will be praying and thinking about you all a ton this week! Don't stress about Christmas presents. That doesn't need to be on your top ten. Maybe exchange that with "take a nap" :) I love you Mel!

Theresa said...

Mel -- I found you! I am so glad. I miss you so much already. You do too much - but I know where your strength comes from and He will take care of you. Enjoy these last few days. Makes me cry just to think of it. Maybe the 'old youth moms' will someday have to take a field trip to Texas! Wow! That would be so fun for us anyway. You haven't even moved and company is calling! Don't worry we'll let you settle in a little - besides we might have to win the lottery first. Hang in there - all the important stuff will get done. Love you -- Theresa