January 01, 2010

2010, huh?

So this year started off pretty good, I'd say...a fun party with the teens, Noah staying up till 2 a.m. on his sugar high (thank you, youth workers), and then sleeping in because my wonderful husband got up with Noah when he woke up, hearing, "It's a Sunny Day! Get up, dad!" It feels so good to have a few more days of wearing fleece pajamas till noon. I have...just one more day, I think.

Then I realize it is New Years Day, and I think...oh great, this is not the way I'm supposed to start a new year! But, no big resolutions for me this year. I never keep them. Just a few, small goals for the coming year:

1.) Spend more time in God's word than I do on Facebook.
2.) Memorize another 24 (or more) scriptures with Beth Moore, like I did this year--best resolution I've ever made/kept.
3.) Get our family back in the black.

I think that's enough, don't you?
I don't know where 2010 will take us---whether I'll continue working full time, switch schools, etc...whether we will add to our family or not, the health of family members, how God will choose to bless /challenge us, but I do have faith that He will continue to be faithful to us, as He always has been, and that whatever it brings, will be good. Not necessarily always FEEL good, but BE good. And FOR our good.

Thank you, God, for the blessings, provisions, and lessons of 2009...and may 2010 proove to be a greater experience of your presence in our lives.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Every time I've checked your blog I've seen the same picture of Noah, so I assumed with Facebook, you weren't blogging anymore. I just happened to check it today. Would you post the picture of Noah and Dad on Facebook. I didn't see it anywhere. I printed pictures to put in the photo album Carrie game me.