April 01, 2006

Girl Talk and Baby Babble

It's nice to have my sister and my best friends in the same state. I got to briefly see Emily, Denise, and Kacy during my weekend to Idaho as well as my sis. Denise and I joined the Allen family for a dinner out before Em left for the weekend to Canada. I knew I would catch Em for a few hours before she left, but it was a surprise blessing to see Kevin and Colby, since they were supposed to be gone for the weekend in the opposite direction as Emily--California. Yes, I got to see them at Christmas, too, but you can never have enough friend time, especially when they have cute kids! Colby is an energetic little man now, he's walking and talking and cruising all around. And dancing of course. Any child of Emily and Kevin would have to be a dancer. Emily misses me terribly and always asks when I am moving back to Idaho.

Saturday I got to see Denise again with Kacy and her now 7 1/2 mo. old daughter Hayden. They (and R.J.) have temporarily relocated to Mountain Home for a few months as they prepare for their big move to Hawaii this summer. So it may be a while before we meet up again. Denise and I met the girls for lunch in Boise and chatted away for several hours. Hayden is so cute now and seemed very content to sit and chat with us. Even though you can't see much in this photo, Denise has a baby of her own on the way--Abbey will be here in just a matter of weeks now. So of course there was plenty of baby talk on the menu. After lunch Denise took me by the house to see their cute little nursery and of course Lenny was thrilled to see me again, as always. I totally forgot to get a better "pregnant" picture of Denise, so you'll just have to believe me that she's a cute pregnant. Denise and Lenny are due the middle of May, but we all think she'll come a bit early. Can't wait to meet little Abbey and see you all again!

These next pictures are just so cute, I couldn't resist posting them. I hope the parents don't mind!

No comments: