May 17, 2006

Since You've Been Gone...

Well, maybe YOU haven't been gone, but I feel like I have been. Matt and I have both been so busy lately that I've barely managed to make it to all my meetings and what have you, let alone enter the blogging world. Here's a recap of life for the last month or so since I wrote last...

Easter season came and went quickly. We had a beautiful sunrise service on the beach and the music/drama programs went well at church. Matthew was once again quite involved, but not me. That stuff stresses me out way too much. I just barely got over our state testing, thank you very much.


Next, Matt was very busy for 2 weeks or so preparing for District Convention. That's one of his main responsibilities as DP and it is a big headache each year because of all the work that goes into it. The youth group kids helped quite a bit this year and Matt was able to pull everything together, like always, but we didn't see much of each other for a few days there! He does a great job with district responsibilities, and I am always extra proud of him when I see him lead a big event like that. Much to my dismay, he was once again re-elected for another year, so we'll be doing this again same time-same place next spring.

Then the very next week I came down with a bad cold. It started off slowly at first, and then WhAM--it really hit me hard--and on my birthday. I think I missed a total of 3 1/2 days from school. I had already requested a personal day on Thurs. because we were supposed to go to Sea World together, but we only managed to make it to Chile's for lunch. I was sick in bed off and on for nearly a week. I finally got into a doctor last week and got on some medicine. I'm mostly better now, but still have a lot of congestion. Maybe it's allergies after all...

To be continued...

No comments: