November 06, 2007

New on Noah in November

I almost decided to NOT post anything on my blog for a while because I love the pix of Noah in his costume so much and I love seeing those at the top of the blog page...who wants to see a bunch of words on the blog!?!
But, alas, one day we'll have to move on, so it might as well be today. Just wanted to write a few things as updates for my family(ies).

1. Noah is over 8 months old, now, ya'll. This is totally getting ridiculous how fast he is growing. It was feeling pretty crazy to say I am the proud mama of , oh, a 5 or 6 month old, but now it's just insane. He is SOOOO big now. In so many ways! He hasn't been back to the dr. since his 6 month apptmnt, so no I don't know exactly but he is nearly 22 lbs., wearing mostly 9-12 mo. clothing and ready for his next size carseat (which is huge and can NOT be lifted out.) Not that I carry him in the car seat anymore. Oh no, we've been carrying him-only to and from the car for quite some time now.

2. He is also loving food, the real kind, not the baby jars anymore. I'm not even sure if I can coax him into eating what's left in the cabinet. I may have to add the puree stuff to thicker, chunkier foods. Whenever he sees any sort of food or drink, (or notices that one of us walked into the kitchen) he starts ooo-ooo-ing and squawking for a bite. His arms start flapping up and down like he's a bird when he gets excited. Today he gobbled up a pasta/cheese soup I made for lunch, mooched canteloupe off a lady at the church office, and stuffed stuffing in his face at dinner. He'd never had any of them, and loved all three. He's also enjoyed eating shavings of apple, spaghetti-0 type pasta, pizza, rice, bagels, etc.

3. Noah LOVES playing outside on the porch and the grass. Today he bear-crawled (on his hands and balls of his feet/toes) all the way from the edge of our yard, across the asphault to the church lot where his daddy was playing football. (I was right there with him, of course.) This is a good 30 or 40 feet though. On rough concrete. And he didn't seem to mind one bit. He was thrilled with himself.

4. Noah is STILL not sleeping well. In his crib. Tonight he has been "crying/screaming" out but not quite waking up. We go in to check on him and he's technically still asleep. Sometimes as soon as he starts to wake up, he will immediately try to sit up, or even stand, before he's even awake...and he usually falls over in a clumsy, drunkard like state once or twice before he really wakes up. It's pretty funny. Until about 2 or 3 in the morning.

5. Noah's favorite toys: Mama's keys of course, mom or dad's cell phone--he LOVES these--Moseley the cat and Peyton the dog--loves them also--tupperware containers, pots and pans....I'm beginning to wonder why our house if cluttered up with all these primary colored, Fisher Price links and rings when all our kid wants is REAL household objects!!! Save your Christmas gift money, people! Just buy me a new 5 quart saucepan and Matt a new cell phone--after a few hundred gallons of drool, touch any key and it thinks you're pushing 7. Anybody claim the number 777-7777?

We are soooooo looking forward to spending the holidays with family. Hope the next 2 weeks go by quickly and the week of Thanksgiving very sloooooowly!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for posting new pictures and telling us what's going on! I get so excited when there is new stuff although I would agree the Lion pictures were so cute, it'd be hard to move them down!

Sherry said...

I am so regretful of not taking monthly pictures of my kids!! I love your idea.