August 10, 2008

Noah update

Ohhhhh....I feel like I haven't had time to blog lately. I have several posts I want to add...our anniversary, Matt's birthday, family vacation photos...I am really missing that internet at the house this month.
But first, what everyone cares about the most anyway.
Here are some new, yet somewhat random photos of Noah.


This is Noah looking through our new cat door (to keep the dog out of the laundry room)...only problem is that Noah likes it more than that darn cat. We've had to TAPE it open to get the cat to go through it.
(Noah got these out of the laundry room/pantry and stacked them, nearly completely on his own. i had to turn some of them upside down so they would stack. He got VERY frustrated that some of them would "work" and some of them wouldn't.)
I wish I had more time to talk about him. He is really cracking me up lately. This last month we had a lot of fun traveling and seeing friends, but now we're back at home and enjoying some regular routine. N.I.C.E. What to say in a paragraph? He is still all over the place--he can climb on every single piece of furniture and toilet (see photo) in our house. He can't quite climb on the counters yet, although I'm sure if he thougth about it, he could figure out how to pull open the bottom drawers and climb on that. He is still doing the really cheesy face grin when you pull the camera out. This past week we bought him his first car ramp/track and he LOVES it now. He had really shown interest in our neighbor boys' car tracks, so we thought maybe it was time. Apparently it WAS TIME. He also is playing with his first little train track that my friend Emily gave him for his (belated) birthday. Don't try to take these things away from him, or tell him it's time to go, (eat, change a diaper, etc.) while he's playing with his cars/trains. Because WW3 will follow. ALL BOY. He has also discovered umbrellas with all the rain we've been having and pitches a fit to hold it.
We started this week with making the paci become a NIGHT NIGHT and nap time paci, and well, it's not going GREAT but I expected a worse time with it. So I think it's going well. Next step: take away the bottle at night completely, to be followed by sleeping all night in your own bed! We are debating whether he's ready for taking the sides off the crib. Give us a few weeks on that one.

Stay tuned for posts on the other things in our life....yes, there have been other things occasionally!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

he's too funny. I bet he keeps you laughing and on your toes at all times:)

Carrie said...

LOVE the new background! Love the pictures. Such a funny kid! I want to see you guys SOON! The video is HILARIOUS. HILARIOUS. Love you!