November 14, 2008

Waiting

This has been a looooonng week for me. Not as long as poor Sherrie from www.franklinavenueco.blogspot.com, as she's been thru her 39th week of pregnancy with BB#3: still to be named. Goodness no, nothing quite like that. But for me, a seemingly unending week.

First, Noah has been sick--and getting sicker--as the days go by. I took him to the Dr. on Tues. after a long night of his little hacking cough, but after a long WAIT in the waiting room, the dr. said everything still "looks fine on the insides...just a cold." Hmmph.. . now 3 days later and I'm about ready to take him in again...The dr. said to bring him back Monday or Tues if he hasn't kicked it yet, so I've tried to stick it out and let it run its course, as they say. But I'm afraid we will now have an ER visit during the weekend since it is still getting worse, and not better. His little friend from church "A"apparently has pneumonia, they were together when they started getting sick--she is a bit smaller than him, but his cough is so constant and deep now, I am worried. Sometimes he sleeps okay, but usually he wakes himself up every hour because he can't breathe. And then Matt and I are up. On a positive note, he has been sleeping in (on) his own bed, in his own room, since we moved him from the nursery (closet of a room) to his big boy room (old office/spare bedrm). I say on his bed, not in his bed, because the mattress has been on the floor, with extra pillows around it. He's what I'd call a "thrasher" sleeper. He literally rolls and rolls and at times, thrashes around in bed at night. Heck, I'm just glad he's staying in his own room now. Our earlier night time routine with book reading and no more bottle is working good, so far. He even insists on having the lamp on and the door completely shut. Last night he stayed in his room while I went to get him a warm bottle of water. He peeked out the door at the end, but he stayed in his room! Yeah for progress. Please keep him in your prayers though. This sick thing is no fun, we're all short on sleep and patience, and N's just all around miserable (grouchy, whiny) during the days. We had to take turns on Sun. so we could both go to church a bit, and it looks like I may be staying home completely with him this Sun a.m.

Second, Matt and I have been patiently waiting for 2 bits of news this whole month (that I will post about sometime in the near future.) As hard as it is to wait on things in my life, I have been around long enough to know that it's thru the waiting periods that God does some of his best work in us. When I opened up my Beth Moore Bible study for the week I saw the focus is on Joseph and the WAIT he had to endure while he went from coat-of-many-colors to day-in-the-pit to being In Charge of Potiphar's house to being in prison. That would have been hopeless enough, but after he interpreted the Cupbearers dream and asked him to remember him, it must have been an even LOOOOONGer two years while he waited, with anticipation, for his release from the dungeon. Any day now! Any day now...Wonder if it will ever even come. This really spoke to me this week: "Sometimes we can be so busy looking for what is missing in our lives that we miss Who is busily present in our lives. We're looking for God to do us future favors when He's trying to open our eyes to present ones. Remember, God purposes to use every second of a divinely-ordained wait to build us into the individuals our future demands we be."--BM. YES. I found some growth in my own faith-life through Joseph's wait this week. How bout you?

So I keep checking Sherries' blog, hoping for news...I'd at least like to be able to rejoice with HER waiting time being over!

2 comments:

Casey, Janelle, Ella, and Hadley said...

um, seriously.... you taunt us with "news" but you don't share the actual news... who do you think you are?!?!?! I hope that post is coming soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I just reread your blog. The book I told you about in an e-mail used Joseph and Moses as Biblical character who had to wait on God. As Joyce Meyer says, It's not if we will wait, because we will. It's how we wait that's important.
Love,Mom