February 15, 2009

A New Week

Wow. That last post was a doozy!
Just wanted to leave a few quick thoughts today.

Today is the 4th installment of the Beth Moore's Siesta Blog Bible Memorization Challenge of 2009. I don't know the official name of it, but that's basically what it is. My new verse to learn for the 2nd half of Feb. is Joshua 1:7-9. I've known the 9th verse forever, but I am learning the two previous ones to add to it. If you haven't heard me talk about this memorization accountability team, check it out at Beth's blog--follow the link on my sidebar.

We got to watch Fireproof last night, surprisingly, while Noah watched a little Wow, Wow Wubbzy video in the other room. It was actually a very good movie! (Fireproof, that is...WWW is the dumbest cartoon EVER). The acting in the first 10 min. kinda made us laugh, but once you got used to it, and followed the story line, it was good. I would recommend it to EVERY married couple if you haven't already seen it! Matt watched it with me despite having a huge, huge headache. He's such a sweetheart.

And just a few thoughts on Noah:
New favorite toy this week: Measuring tape
A few new words this week or so: own --as in, I want my OWN icecream, mom...
Matt, in reference to his Daddy...
Don, as in McDonalds.
Pink, G(r)een, b(r)own, and brown(ie)
A few words he is saying sooooo clearly now: EAT, GONE!, Done, play, , Band-aid, cake, of course there are more.
A few words he still says funny: Boom-boom (balloon), slirp-slirp (icecream)
This morning he woke up saying "Pee! Pee-pee!" Yes, he peed in our bed. How and when did he get there to begin with, I wondered?

This last week, while Matt was giving the dog a bath, Noah came in to the room I was in and insisted I get a "cup" for daddy, so clearly! Then, a few min. later he came out asking me to get a towel ---"ta-ow", it only took me a sec. to understand this one. Then for the next 5 min. he continued to take, one by one, every towel, tablecloth, and sheet he found in the opposite bathroom linen closet. He was so excited to know he was helping Daddy!

This is the beginning of a new week. I am looking forward to what I hope can be a better, less stressed week than last! And the Chris Tomlin concert is this week! Yippee!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Woo-hoo! Can't wait to be there!!! 3 weeks!!!