February 04, 2009

"He will not let your foot slip"

Prayer Request:

Matt and I are really struggling with making a decision about what I need to do work-wise.
We (I) are (is--i mean am!) feeling totally stuck with what to do!

A few of you know that about a week ago I got offered a job doing tutoring for a company and have been doing training this week for that. About 8 hours so far. I will work with students tomorrow night for about 2 hours to round out my training, and then I have been put on the paying/working schedule for next week, and I have 13 1/2 hours. It is evening hours and then Sat. morning. I really enjoyed it so far and think it will be something I'll enjoy and also be good at.

Problem is, last night when we started actually talking about possible scheduling and how much money that will actually be, we (he) realized how much extra stress that will add, since he will be going in earlier to work and then having Noah basically all by himself 3 or 4 nights a week, till 8 or 8:30pm. So WE will hardly see each other, Noah will get passed back and forth, we will still need to get a babysitter for an hour or so until Matt gets done if I work the earliest shift, and it's still only a part time job and won't average more than 12-15 hours. So I will still need to try to do some substituting or something else, somehow.

I have continued to be looking everyday for job openings, in VARIOUS areas but I'm really only qualified and skilled in education. If I DO find and even get offered a full time job that is do-able, I will also have to find full time day care for Noah, which is maybe even more difficult at this time fo the year...I also spent a good amount of time calling all the church daycares in the area...no openings or leads yet. I will work on my substituting application tomorrow, during Mother's Day Out, as well as taking in both cars to get titled and registered at the big tax office...something tells me I won't get all that done in 5 hours.

I know some of you have been in this place, lately or even currently, so I'm not trying to complain since I know everyone is going thru financial issues these days. It's just hard to know what to do--and then once you decide what to do, knowing who to call and where to look....

So anyway, we just need wisdom and guidance and peace about what we should do. Specific situations: 1)I NEED to work, and soon, but need more hours/money than this job offers, but I've just started it, like it, and 2) don't want to just QUIT, either. It could be a great summer opportunity or in the future. I need to find something that pays better (more hours) but is still flexible enough to figure out care for Noah. And 3)I need to find someplace good for Noah to spend his M-W-Fdays. And 4)Matt needs to have some really productive days to catch up from all this moving/car issues that has got him feeling like he's barely treading above the water of responsibilities at church. He does a good job but he just never has time to work ahead, just trying to meet current deadlines. (Don't we all!)

The verses I've been learning this past 2 weeks have really kept my mind focused on the hope that we have in God, but it's just hard to know what paths to walk and when the doors are going to open! We need some doors to open, and possibly some windows too! Anyways, here they are, from my memory!

Psalm 121:1-8 "I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip. He who watches over you does not slumber. Indeed, he who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps. The LORD will watch over you. The LORD is your shade at your right hand. The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm. He will watch over your life. The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forever more."

***Just a P.S., the day I started the verses above, it was really cold here and when Noah and I took Peyton out in the morning to go potty, we walked down this little hill behind our apt, me holding Noah and the leash for the dog and keys, us all bundled up in jackets and slippers, and I SOOOO slipped and fell flat on my butt/back, still holding Noah but everything else flying. It was totally ungraceful, and sad that it happened so early and no one else got to see it! Noah was so confused about what had happened! Then, about an hour later, I came upon these verses in my Bible Study, ie. "he will not let your foot slip" and they were suggested as the memory verses. Hmmmm... Very funny, God. Okay, I'll memorize them!

And then the one I started for this next 2 weeks is good right now too: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8

Hope those speak to you today, and thanks for the prayers. Let me know how I can pray for you, too! Leave me a comment or text!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". . .oh wait, no it's not :) SOOOOO I most definitely will be praying for you guys. I sent you a job I found on Craig's List in Houston that looks interesting. I will pray for wisdom and opportunity and provision. I love you SO much!

Anonymous said...

"I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go, I will guide you with my eye." Psalm 32:8
I read your blog and am praying for you. I'll write more later.
Love, Mom

Sherry said...

oh girl do I understand you! Feel you in EVERY way, shape and form. We need to chat because we are in the same boat-especially when it comes to education and youth ministry. I'll shoot you an email soon.