December 08, 2007

Elemeno....Alphabet Soup

Alas, I have been behind in the ABC Soup blogging for several weeks. I enjoy making entries even if nobody reads them but Carrie and Shortie/Sherrie. I tried to catch up with I, J and K, but didn't want to overwhelm the blog with more of my silly "likes"...

I'm going to throw a bunch together and only do what comes to mind in one sitting for each letter. As I started to type my title, I realized that these are the letters of the ABC song that get jumbled together anyway---as a teacher I know that many young children think "elemeno" is a long name for one letter !

L....oh wait, I DID do L last time! Because LISTS was my first thing! So I guess I'm already on to the next...

Mmmmmmm
Matthew of course makes my number one spot. He is the best thing that's ever happened to me (uh...tied with Noah, now...!). God knew what he was doing when he created both of us and brought the two of together. I already mentioned him under the Hs (hubby) but he's worth repeating. I could go on and on about how wonderful I think he is. I hope one day my brother and sister will find someone as perfect for them as he is for me.

Mom is an easy second. I admire my mom for her strength, wisdom, and patience among so many other things. She has always been such a Godly example of how a woman should be and how to raise a family. She has taught me about faith, trust and total reliance on God.

M & Ms I love my chocolate. When Matt and I got married it seemed only fitting to use M&Ms (red and white) as a favor to give at the reception. Every holiday I fill a candy dish with the seasonal-colored m&ms. Now there is a store at the Florida Mall dedicated to M&Ms...I love looking at all the colored cylinders on the walls!

Music I love music, nearly all kinds. I owe much of this to my parents and to my brother. My parents instilled an appreciation for music growing up--we were always singing in church, carolling with the accordian at Christmas, or playing our instruments for Grandma. I learned to play the piano and the flute as a youngin. I learned about some of the best musical groups of all times from my brother: The Beatles, DC Talk, Wierd Al, Bobby McFarren to name a few...I remember borrowing his tapes before there were c.d.s and making my own mix tapes. Haa, I may still have them. He taught me all about early Christian groups, like MWSmith, SCChapman, and Petra, as well as ALL the 50s and 60s music. Next I need to give thanx to my middle school carpool mom for introducing me to Celine, Michael Bolton, Rod Stewart, and Lionel Richie. No one else would take credit for them! Then, I learned to like 80s (alternative) music from the teen girls at church, country music from a few boyfriends along the way, and of course the 70s, 80s, and 90s music from the local radio mix station. I've since picked up some decent music that I'm actually proud of listening to, like jazz, piano, and worship music. There's really only a few things I steer completly clear of: Southern Gospel, Gangster Rap, and Heavy Metal. But other than that, I'll take any of ya'll on in a game of Name that Radio Song.

Now to the Ns...

Noah is the JOY of my life! If I could only name one thing, he would be it. It has been so much fun to stay at home with him these last 9 months and watch him grow and develop and go through all sorts of stages already. I am sooo grateful for this time that we have, because I know that not every one is soo lucky. He is soooo fun right now, so adventurous and happy. I spend most of my days just watching him and laughing at what he does. We couldn't be happier with his name. It suits him so well, I can't imagine having named him anything else.

Naps--I still take plenty. When you have a baby, everyone tells you to learn to "sleep when the baby sleeps." Well, 9 mo. later, I'm still doing that. Since he doesn't sleep completely through the night, I'm often still tired when he gets up in the morning. And so when his morning nap rolls around, I thankfully roll over and crash for a few more zzzzzzzs too.

(The) Notebook and Nottinghill--two good "girl" movies that I can watch over and over.

Oo oo oo oo...
Speaking of movies:
(The) Other Sister--Haven't seen it??? Oh, you have to. It's hilarious. How many times do I have to tell you? Don't put gum under the cafeteria table! But Daniel, you didn't fail... by much.

Organizing--I think I've mentioned this in a blog before. I actually like to put things in order. I organize my groceries when they're on the conveyer belt at Walmart. I'd choose organizing over cleaning any day of the week. Not everything in my life is totally organizing, but I feel at peace when it is.

Olive Garden--one of Matt and my all time favorite restaurants. We currently have a gift card that's been burning a whole in the wallet for like 5 months, because the closest OG is an hour away and with the baby, we haven't made it up yet. But I'm planning what I'll order now...Yum...

Old Navy--one of my favorite stores. Also an hour away, but we go out of our way anytime we can. Their online line of career clothes nearly give me a reason to go back to work.

The Olympics --I love watching the US compete. But I also just love the excellence of the event and the competitiveness in general. Only problem is: I CRY at the end of nearly EVERY medal ceremony. I can't help it, it gets me EVERY TIME. When NBC covers the individual athletes' stories, it's all over. I'm a mess.

Oreos--Nuff said.

Oprah--My list would not be complete without mentioning her, although I'm not completly proud of liking her. I don't agree with her views or tolerance in every area, but I DO enjoy her personality and respect her for becoming who she is. I love how she interviews celebrities, challenges people to own their mistakes and of course, live their best life. I also love it when she laughs!

So, I think that's enough me-time on the blog for quite a while!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

"Mom, is this a sex talk? Nice underwear. . . .want a ride, cause I drove (as they show them on his BIKE together)" Yeah the Other Sister is fabulous. Sherry & I may be the only ones that read this, but I enjoy reading these :)

Sherry said...

I enjoy reading it too. When you said Other Sister...I could totally hear Michelle, Kris Ingram, and Carrie using their Other Sister voices..."you never see ME!!" That was such a great summer. Great words. Glad you got caught up:). I seriously can't get over how cute Noah is...and I'm quite biased:).