April 02, 2008

From Walking to Talking

With Easter and the big B-day and 2 of 3 aunts visiting, we've had a lot going on this last month and plenty of pictures to post. I feel like it's been a little while since I just wrote about what Noah is learning and doing lately. Hope you don't mind. I'll throw in some pix at the end.

Some of you have heard, but Noah's verbal communication is finally starting to see growth. He actually has quite a few words in his rep. now: Da-da, dog, Up!, ball, Bye, bottle, bath, out(side). Of course, they don't sound exactly like that--he says the first sounds and leaves off the last consonant sound or the last syllable, ("uh" with out the /p/ for "up"; "ou--" for outside, etc.) but it's pretty easy to tell what he's trying to say. He is also FINALLY saying Ma-ma. (Yea!) I first heard it on March 14th (you better believe I know the exact day!). At first, I was quite shocked, as it seemed to come out of no where, and then when he said it a second time that afternoon, I allowed myself to believe it--and enjoy it. Now he ma-ma-mas all the time, but mostly when he wants me to pick him up. He also responds with great understanding to sooo many things we say now, like "banana?", "bath" (runs to the bathroom, ready to get in, even pulling at his shirt to take it off), "wanna give Peyton a treat?", "where's your paci?", "What? -- You want to go outside?" "Help me find your shoes" He uses plenty of gestures too, which also helps. He points at EVERYTHING, and he waves hello and bye, as well as blowing kisses! This is probably one of my new favorite thing he does, we worked on it for quite a while now! I love watching him tell his dad "Bye" in the morning, accompanied by vigorous waving and kiss-blowing, even before Matt is out the door. He NOTICES when Matt is getting his stuff ready--like his keys, cell phone, computer bag--and he says BYE before we even tell him too! It's kinda amazing.

Noah continues to love to explore outside. He has mastered running up and down hills and can keep his balance pretty well no matter the terrain--sand, mud, rocks, we've tried it all. We are spending more and more time outside, and I'm beginning to wonder how in the world I'm ever going to keep him inside this summer. He THROWS a pretty serious tantrum when I drag him back inside after over an hour of playing. Such a rough and tough boy I have on my hands! He recently rolled 3 basketballs into the drain pipe at the church and got them stuck, giggled hysterically at Peyton chasing a frog, and laughed at me as I jumped away from a snake who had brushed against my hand. (I was not laughing.) Here's a few pics of the lad---climbing into the window sill behind our bed in attempt to love on the cat...
. A view of his feet after he dumped a box of Pops cereal on the kitchen floor and then stomped around in it...

And the cute little mesh Trojan shorts Matt brought him back from Tennessee...
I'll add a few more thoughts and pictures tomorrow.

No comments: