January 27, 2009

Gotta get my next B.Moore fix!

Have I ever mentioned on this blog how much I love Beth Moore?

I have just discovered this wonderful woman of God this last year thru a friend and the ladies' Bible Study at her church. Previous to that I had only read a book of hers that I picked up at the non-Christian book store, because I needed something to read and the title caught my attention. I told someone this last week as we were talking--I don't know where she (BM--yes, funny initials!) has been the last 10 years of my life or why I had never been introduced to her ministry. I feel like someone mean has been keeping a really good secret from me!

Well, I just have to say that if there are any ladies out there reading this who have not ever gotten involved in a Bible Study written by Beth Moore, you REALLY NEED TO. She has such a strong annointing from God and gives Scripture such a fresh look that she will show you how God's Word will literally change your life. I have been challenged in so many ways thru her teaching, her Bible Studies, and now, of all places, her blog! That's where I just came from and was just inspired to write a little ditty to point you in that direction if you hang out in the blog world. Here's the regular address for her site: www.livingproofministries.blogspot.com and here's a link or two to a few postings as of late that have really blessed me: The first one is to the 2009 Memory Verse Challenge, which I've joined and maybe you will too. http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/12/anybody-game.html The second is to one from Thanksgiving time. Just examples peoples. http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/11/grateful-heart.html
If you spend any time on the internet at all, as I see you do, it is really WORTH your time!
She has been such an encouraging word to me, and what I love about her so much is that she so often and so freely gives glory and praise to God for all that she does and all that is done thru her and her ministry. She is so geniune, so real, and so funny!

So last thought: as you know, we moved to Houston nearly a month ago, and those of you who know Beth Moore know she is FROM Houston....but many may not know that on TUESDAYS Beth Moore does a Bible Study here at her church for ladies from all over the city and all denominations and un-denominations possible. And when I found out we were moving here, naturally, I was SOOOO excited for the chance I could go on Tuesdays! I missed the first week due to a youth staff meeting, but last week I got to go with my mom, and it was GREAT. And Today is Tuesday.... And I'm not going...because Matt has a lot to do at work and he really needs to get some work time in...and so my plan is to go next week for a double dose---the video from THIS week will replay at 5:00, and then the current evening starts at 6:30p...but the thing is, I know it's Tuesday, and I know that while I'll be here at home cooking dinner for my boys and hanging out with them, there will be some 5000 woman across town singing and worshipping and studying God's Word together, and well, I just wish I could be there too!

So as I sit home and sulk, I just wanted to give Beth Moore a shout out and encourage YOU to be encouraged by her as well. And I want to say Thank You to God, my Father, for bringing me/us to Houston and for blessing us all with a woman like Beth who shows us how to seek after God's own heart so geniunely and earnestly. She is an example for me like I've never had before.

And as she ended her last post,
I LOVE ya'll today! Be Blessed!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I am so behind!!! For some reason, my blogline dealy wasn't getting your updates...I've been wondering how you are! Love the updates. Your place looks great!

Carrie said...

I LOVE BM (both kinds) as well! I've read two of her books now and would love to do one of her studies. I may see if a friend or two wants to do one together! Love you Mel! I'm SO glad you have been blessed, encouraged, and challenged through her ministry! How cool you are in Houston to get to see her in person and to be with all those ladies-that must be really powerful!