September 07, 2007

Back to the ABCs again...


This week's list was easy for me. Here are the things that light up my life.

G is for ...

1. Golden Bell Camp...the camp I worked during college for 3 summers and the place where I met my husband 9 years ago. I LOVED working at GB, obviously, since I kept going back! I've always wished I could get paid a salary like I make teaching to work there--I'd go back in a heartbeat. And of course, Matt and I both have fond memories of our first summer of forbidden love (just kidding). Fond memories, yes. But it was more like secretive love than forbidden.

2. Girlfriends--I only have a few close gal pals, but they are huge influences in my life and I can't imagine what I would do without them. I have several girlfriends from college who I hardly ever get to see anymore, but I think of them very dearly and still hold them close to my heart. Ahhh, I know.

3. Golfing with my husband. I don't get to do it very often, especially as of late, and I can't say I even enjoy the golfing part all that much. I've only learned how to play in the last 2 or 3 years. But there's just something wonderful about doing something that your HUSBAND loves WITH HIM. It means a lot to me when he asks me to play with him, and I cherish the time we get to spend together.

4. Grover from Sesame Street. Random, I know. But talk about something bringing a smile to my face, I love it when he does his little "Near.......Far.......Near.......Far....." sketch. What a cutie.

5. Grape--probably my favorite flavor of popcicle, Skittle, Jolly Rancher, Mr. Freeze, slushie, snow cone, etc. I also love GRAPES, although the flavor and the fruit are really not all that close in taste. Hmmmph.

And last but not least...

6. Grey's Anatomy. Ok, so I gotta be honest. I really like the show. A little embarrassed to admit it, but it's true. I didn't miss an episode last year and I even rewatched several episodes on Friday. I didn't like or approve of everything that happened, but I still gotta get my grey's in each week. The Nazi's my favorite. She cracks me up.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

hmmm...grey's anatomy. Have you checked your heart on that one? Maybe I ought to say a prayer for you. Just kidding. I hear you on your previous post putting everything in perspective. I find myself looking at blogs with sick kids from time to time and my heart just breaks and I shed a few tears. No worries on the sleeping-Brek went through that phase too. It is just a phase. Don't beat yourself up for things you HAVE to do to get him to sleep-even if it means him sleeping with you or you rocking him to sleep. Been there. Not that you need my advice-cause I know you don't-but just mama to mama:). He seriously is SO cute. seriously. I think he and Sy could be BEST friend. easily.

Sherry said...

holy novel.