September 06, 2007

Half a Year

Noah went for his 6 month well baby check-up today. I thought for sure the dr. would tell me my 6 mo. old kid is over 21 pounds...but actually I was shocked. He only weighs 18 lbs, 14 oz. I say ONLY because I/we/everyone expected much more. So he gained 1 & 1/2 lbs. since the middle of July. This actually dropped him down to the 75% for both weight and height. (He started out in the 90% for weight.) Still, my little one is double his birthweight in 6 months. He's a growin boy. He did pretty well with all the shots, and was a trooper for me today as I ran around all afternoon. Pray for us as we continue to attempt to help him sleep better and longer. It's been rough nights for several weeks now. That being said, I thank God several times a day for a healthy baby. I have a friend who's little 1 year old is undergoing chemo for the 2nd type of cancer in less than a year, and one who's newborn had to have serious, open heart surgery. Kinda puts life in perspective a bit. Every time I feel sorry for myself as I sit up at 3:00 in the a.m. listening to Noah cry, I check out their webpages and get a dose of reality. Life is good. I am so lucky. God is so good to us.
Here's the boy, half way to a year! He sure looks all grown up. I love these new little p.j.s.

Yes, he is standing (leaning) all by himself here.

Dressed for church on Sunday. Matt was gone this weekend so I had to take a pix of baby for him. Just Mama's home portrait gallery--a sheet hanging from the t.v. in the living room.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Well he continues to be the cutest little boy EVER. His facial features are developing so much, I love it! And his smile and eyes. . .ohhhh