August 09, 2007

Alphabet Soup

My friend Sherrie is doing this Alphabet Soup thing on her blog (I think her aunt started it). I've enjoyed learning more about her thru it, so I decided to join in on the fun. I missed A and B, so here's my catch up list, first.

My favorite things....that start with A...

1. Aspen trees in the fall....aaahhhh...the gorgeous, golden yellow leaves...I can see them now...
2. Andes chocolate candies, you know, the kind you buy for 10 cents as you leave a buffet restaurant (and Olive Garden gives for free :-)
3. Australian accents. I like other accents too, like my husband's southern one, but Australian ones are my favorite. Don't ask me to do an imitiation.
4. America--cheesy, I know, but I LOVE traveling. I have actually been privileged to have traveled to like 47 of the 50 states. I hope to someday soon make it to Alaska, Vermont, and Rhode Island.
5. August 14th/"Airport Day"--a special day for my husband and I--we celebrate our "airport day" more than Valentine's or the day we got engaged.
6. (The) Amazing Race--if there ever was a show I wish I could be on, and think I would be good at, it's definitely the Amazing Race. Any partners?
7. Acoustic guitar--I can't play, but I always wish I had learned. Maybe I still will. I LOVE the way it sounds.


And now--
My favorite things....that start with B....
1. Baby boys...especially my little Noah. I've always loved babies, but never knew I would love having a boy as much as we do. They're the best!
2. Speaking of baby boys, here is another thing that starts with B that speaks for itself...who doesn't love this:


3. Brickman--Jim Brickman, that is. I LOVE piano music. Probably from growing up listening to my mom play.
4. Blogging--my own, and reading others.
5. Beach--there's just something about the sound of the ocean waves that soothes the soul. We live here, and don't go often enough, but every time I do I think, man, I need to come here every day.
6. BBQing-- Nothing better than getting together for a relaxed summer evening of grillin' out, watermelon eating, and croquet/horseshoes/lawn bowling. Ya know?

That's all for now. What are your favorite things?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So I added this to my blog and copied a few of your favorite things!

Anonymous said...

I gotta admit I feel like I already know a bit more about you just from the first 3 letters."Airport Day" can you share more or is that just between you two?Thanks for the view into the who that is you.Love your other mother