August 13, 2007

Morning Blessing

Yes, it is 5:20 a.m. as I make this post. I have been up with Noah, trying to help him get to sleep for over an hour. And before that, we were up at 3:00 a.m...If you aren't aware, he has reverted back to waking up quite frequently in the night, and now can't seem to put himself back to sleep without help. Since Matt has to work in the morning, I always find myself trying to do whatever I can to keep him the quietest so we don't wake up Matt, which usually means picking Noah up and sometimes feeding him or laying with him till he falls asleep on the bed, then transferring him back to the crib. I know it's not the best, because he's not getting better at going back to sleep on his own, but it's the habit we're now in that I can't seem to break. So, since I get a wee bit irritated at this time in the night/morning, I thought I should post some adorable photos of the little man I love so much....reminder of why I lose the sleep that I do...
Day of his first baseball game
Cute new sweater outfit. The colors are a little plain looking in the photo, but the sweater has a little pink/striped sailboat that matches the little pink striped shirt. Too cute.
Cute little tooshy
Yes, he has discovered how to reach his toes. And his dad was encouraging him this day. Now that's a chubby little foot! He finally fits in one the Cubs outfits we were given, and I started calling him my chubby little cubby.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love when you put up new pictures! Ummm. . .the cute outfit that I THINK I bought. . .the one w/ the sailboat, really like it! And LOVE the baseball outfit, so sweet!

Carrie said...

the top one looks like he's cheering. . . .

Sherry said...

all I have to say about sleep habits is you do what works for you. there is no right or wrong rule in my book. brek had to fall asleep with us beside her on the bed for the first...maybe year? of her life...she's sleeps fine now. But yeah...early mornings are still brutal. Are you teaching this year?