August 11, 2007

ABC Soup Take Two


Alphabet Soup....
I'm two letters behind Sherrie D. and the rest of 'em, and if you know me, you know I can't do something only half way, so....another double dose of abc soup. But after this I'm caught up.
Then it's once a week...

My favorite things that start with the letter C...
1. Cameras--surprise, surprise, to anyone who knows me. I take a ton of pictures and hate to go anywhere without my camera. Mostly I take photos of people, but I do love to capture nature, too...just haven't done it as much in a while. I love the new world of digital, by the way.
2. Colorado. Love it, miss it so much. The mountains, the mountain streams, the waterfalls, the cool air, snow falling, hiking, river rafting, leaf crunching, Fall, aspen trees, wild flowers in the spring, thunder storms (we do have that here, actually) etc. etc.
3. Caedmon's Call--one of my all time favorite music groups. Love their voices, their acoustic stuff. Very coffee house-ish.
4. Candles--I love to have the house filled with candles. Never a bad gift.
5. Chinese food--not even the real authentic stuff, the take-out kind. For some reason I've really taken to this in the last year or two.
6. Christmas--I love the whole holiday time and that it's celebrated for all of December. The music, the lights, the cookies, the food, the family time, the caroling, the parties, the decorations, the only thing I don't like is shopping at this time of the year, believe it or not!


And now for the letter D....these are the things that light up my life...
1. Dove milk chocolate-- I love to keep a bag at my house and have just one piece of chocolate every day as a treat (...can't you just smell it while it melts on your tongue?) Problem is, the bag never seems to last as long as it should, since I'm "only eating one a day." Hmmm...I wonder where they all go?

2. Dairy Queen ice cream--best there is. Don't even need all the blizzard toppings, just a good ol' vanilla cone is good enough for me!
(Thanx to Shorty for both of those!)

3. Disney movies--the cartoon ones and all the Hailey Mills and the old fashion ones, too. My brother and sister and I used to rent 2 or 3 every weekend for 99 cents from the grocery store...that brings back memories...

4. Dave Matthews band--he's got the most unique sound and voice...

5. Dishwashers--I hate doing dishes by hand in the sink. For one, the water at my house never seems to get hot enough to sanitize anything, and I just can't get over the fact that after the first plate or two, the water gets "dirty" and you're now washing dirty dishes with "dirty" water. Same reason why I don't ever really feel clean after a bath. I know that's where the concept of rinsing comes in, but that's why I'd rather wait till the load in the washer is done than finish what's left over in the sink. (Thanks for the reminder of something I love, Sherrie's aunt in the garden.)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

C is for Carrie. Enough said :)

Sherry said...

love this!!! I'm so glad we found each other again. Your little Noah is such a doll:)